Books — Buy Here
Articles / Blogs / Reviews
- An Elegantly Written Mess (The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach)
- My Misguided Interpretation (The Sixth Extinction)
- Recent Book Reviews
- An Open Letter to Weed Tourists
- Ode to Women by Donald J. Trump
- Most Poems
- Wild Writer
- Now the Mountains
- Death with a View
- “Best” Note About My Writing
- 9 Obvious Harsh Realities To Tell Your Children (That You Never Fully Understood Until The Great Recession And You Got Old)
- Letters From Ingomar
- Why I Stopped Revising My First Novel
- Secure in Social Security (156 words)
- Blog Tag
- Words Mean Something
- What A Writing Client Is Teaching Me
- Complete Your Book
- Who Owns the Future?
- Oh God Forbid, Read Me Now
- Stop Stealing Our Writing Tools!
- The Far Side of Inappropriate
- 1974 Marketing
- Social Network Query
- And You Call Yourself A Teacher?
- Cover Your Book: How important is the cover?
- You Also Would Have
- Stay Close by Harlan Coben
- Three Nights in August: Strategy, Heartbreak, and Joy Inside the Mind of a Manager by Buzz Bissinger
Monthly Archives: December 2011
I remember when my eighteen month old son toddled up to me, put his little finger on my shirt button and said, “That’s a button!” His first complete sentence. Made me proud and excited. The potential. Somehow he had learned language. When I taught English to teenage outcasts, I established a complex relationship with my students and a similar interplay of teaching and learning occurred. With my students, it was more direct. It was my … Continue reading