Books — Buy Here
Articles / Blogs / Reviews
- An Elegantly Written Mess (The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach)
- My Misguided Interpretation (The Sixth Extinction)
- Recent Book Reviews
- An Open Letter to Weed Tourists
- Ode to Women by Donald J. Trump
- Most Poems
- Wild Writer
- Now the Mountains
- Death with a View
- “Best” Note About My Writing
- 9 Obvious Harsh Realities To Tell Your Children (That You Never Fully Understood Until The Great Recession And You Got Old)
- Letters From Ingomar
- Why I Stopped Revising My First Novel
- Secure in Social Security (156 words)
- Blog Tag
- Words Mean Something
- What A Writing Client Is Teaching Me
- Complete Your Book
- Who Owns the Future?
- Oh God Forbid, Read Me Now
- Stop Stealing Our Writing Tools!
- The Far Side of Inappropriate
- 1974 Marketing
- Social Network Query
- And You Call Yourself A Teacher?
- Cover Your Book: How important is the cover?
- You Also Would Have
- Stay Close by Harlan Coben
- Three Nights in August: Strategy, Heartbreak, and Joy Inside the Mind of a Manager by Buzz Bissinger
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Should writers send out queries? The answer used to be an obvious and resounding yes. How else would you be “published?” But after sending out 1.2 billion queries over my lifetime, I am beginning to question their present-day worth. Obviously, not all of my queries have fallen short. And we should expect to have a high ratio of rejections to acceptance. While I haven’t given up on them yet, I’m close to skipping the queries … Continue reading