Books — Buy Here
Articles / Blogs / Reviews
- An Elegantly Written Mess (The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach)
- My Misguided Interpretation (The Sixth Extinction)
- Recent Book Reviews
- An Open Letter to Weed Tourists
- Ode to Women by Donald J. Trump
- Most Poems
- Wild Writer
- Now the Mountains
- Death with a View
- “Best” Note About My Writing
- 9 Obvious Harsh Realities To Tell Your Children (That You Never Fully Understood Until The Great Recession And You Got Old)
- Letters From Ingomar
- Why I Stopped Revising My First Novel
- Secure in Social Security (156 words)
- Blog Tag
- Words Mean Something
- What A Writing Client Is Teaching Me
- Complete Your Book
- Who Owns the Future?
- Oh God Forbid, Read Me Now
- Stop Stealing Our Writing Tools!
- The Far Side of Inappropriate
- 1974 Marketing
- Social Network Query
- And You Call Yourself A Teacher?
- Cover Your Book: How important is the cover?
- You Also Would Have
- Stay Close by Harlan Coben
- Three Nights in August: Strategy, Heartbreak, and Joy Inside the Mind of a Manager by Buzz Bissinger
Monthly Archives: July 2016
During the first part of “Wild,” by Cheryl Strayed, I felt as if a woman I didn’t know was sobbing in my arms — repetition, rocking, and rhythmic gasping for breath. An uncomfortable feeling. Not to mention the topic in the first chapters. (I’ve had my own battle with cancer.) I read quickly. The point is, however, that I felt her stark feeling laid bare in poetic and compelling narrative, and she took me to the … Continue reading